Monday, January 9, 2017

"Vandaag hebben we hard gewerkt, ik voel me dat mijn bennen zullen weg van me lopen!" "Als zij dat deed, zou ik ze niet terugbrengen, omdat ik aan het sterven ben."

Goede Middag!!

It's wonderful to be back again, writing you an email! This week was good, we did a lot of hard work! We had a lot of things fall through but we were able to meet a really cool family, the father's name was Ab! At first I thought he said Aap. It was a really cool experience because we had gone back to that area for the third time that day and we were struggling to figure out the reason why we weren't finding anyone. At one point, we literally stopped and asked ourselves, "What are we doing wrong, is there something that we aren't doing?" We decided to keep going, it was getting late and it was pretty dark but we had hope that we would find someone to talk with. On the last house we were going to try to talk with we found Ab and his family! They a family from the Netherlands and part of the reason they left is because people would ridicule them for believing in God. He would pray over his food and some people would laugh at him. I'm not saying that all people are like that but it's just more prevalent there than in other places sometimes. We had a really good conversation with him and he was interested in the priesthood. We walked away from that and I just felt like I was walking on a cloud, I was so happy that we had decided to push through. As we were walking back to our bikes, a story in the Book of Mormon came to my mind.

Alma 8: 13-15, 18

13 Now when the people had said this, and withstood all his words, and reviled him, and spit upon him, and caused that he should be cast out of their city, he departed thence and took his journey towards the city which was called Aaron.

 14 And it came to pass that while he was journeying thither, being weighed down with sorrow, wading through much tribulation and anguish of soul, because of the wickedness of the people who were in the city of Ammonihah, it came to pass while Alma was thus weighed down with sorrow, behold an angel of the Lord appeared unto him, saying:

 15 Blessed art thou, Alma; therefore, lift up thy head and rejoice, for thou hast great cause to rejoice; for thou hast been faithful in keeping the commandments of God from the time which thou receivedst thy first message from him. Behold, I am he that delivered it unto you.

18 Now it came to pass that after Alma had received his message from the angel of the Lord he returned speedily to the land of Ammonihah. And he entered the city by another way, yea, by the way which is on the south of the city of Ammonihah.

Missions are awesome, I highly recommend them. Not too much else happened this week but Sunday was the first day my toe was strong enough to wear normal shoes! I feel like a full missionary now! When I was wearing a flip-flop, people would look at me funny; it probably doesn't help that it was a bright orange, Nike flip-flop but it was all I had!

Lobi,
Elder Hardy

Title Translation:
"Today we worked hard, I feel that my legs will walk away from me!" "If they did, I would not bring them back, because I'm dying."

Attached: Picture in front of a statue in Rincon, with "Broertje" (little brother), one with a flip-flop and one without. And also Diydra and James!











Oliebollen, I need to get the recipe from Sister Albus and maybe we can learn how to make them, you eat them with powdered sugar! 

No comments:

Post a Comment