Monday, June 5, 2017

"Wie moet bidden?" "Ik! Dan zal ik hem kiezen om onze te sluiten." *Hij wijzent op zijn broer*

Fawaka?

Good day everyone! This week has been pretty good. I'm not sure why I've been feeling so tired recently, maybe it's just that I'm almost done with my mission or what but other than that I'm doing great!

My favorite part of the week was Zone Conference, we talked about temples and about the ordinances inside and a lot of history behind it, it was awesome! Because it was our last Zone Conference, Elder Lewis, Elder Christianson, Sister Vernes and I, all gave our departing devotionals. I got asked to go first. It was so strange being on the other side for once, I'm used to seeing missionaries up there but it was something different entirely to be the one up there. I talked a lot about how much I've changed while I've been here and I talked about how grateful I was that I'd been allowed to be here. I shared a scripture out of the Book of Mormon that I felt I needed to share, it was Alma 36:27-28
27 And I have been supported under trials and troubles of every kind, yea, and in all manner of afflictions; yea, God has delivered me from prison, and from bonds, and from death; yea, and I do put my trust in him, and he will still deliver me.

28 And I know that he will raise me up at the last day, to dwell with him in glory; yea, and I will praise him forever, for he has brought our fathers out of Egypt, and he has swallowed up the Egyptians in the Red Sea; and he led them by his power into the promised land; yea, and he has delivered them out of bondage and captivity from time to time.

As I read the verses and shared my testimony, I couldn't help but get emotional. My goal at one point became not to get my tears on my scriptures! As I was standing there though, I just felt so good about everything I'd done to that point, I love my mission. A big part of me wants to just stay out here but I know my parents would kill me haha!

This week, we were biking home and Elder White knocked a side mirror off of a parked car. We talked with the guy and everything worked well in the end, he has a new side mirror now!

I also had an interview with President Egbert, we opened it with a prayer and the power shut off and before I finished the prayer, it came back on! He then said, "That prayer had a lot of power!" I thought it was funny. 

We also got soaked a ton but I'm grateful!

Have a wonderful week.
Lobi!
Elder Hardy

Title Translation:

"Who should pray?" "I! Then I will choose him close to us." * He turns to his brother *


Mission Buddies
MTC Buddies



It's a Small World..... I found out last week that the Doctor I work for knows, a fairly new sister out in the field, Sister Hendricks. Their families used to be in the same ward back in Maryland. Kinda fun that our kids happen to be serving near the same area. Also, my hubby's aunt & family lives in Potomac, Maryland and I'm pretty sure they would know each other as well. Fun for these kids to have small connections like this especially being so far from home.  It truly is a small world. 











No comments:

Post a Comment