Monday, April 18, 2016

Weekly email time!

Hey everybody! First off sorry about the lack of photos, the computers here at the cyber won't let you upload pictures so I'll do that first chance I get. We got transfer calls this week and Elder James and I are staying together here in Uitkijk! This week was good, we've been doing a lot of contacting recently and it's partly because of a contacting game we've made up. It's not really a contacting game but it's something; we take turns leading at the front and talk to the first people we feel like we need to talk to, then we switch. We've met a lot of good, interested people as well as a lot of crazy people who don't need too much explaining! This week in church we managed to hit the double digits! The branch president asked Elder James and I to bear our testimonies and it was a very cool experience, I talked about something I studied that morning in 3 Nephi 19: 7-13

7 And the disciples did pray unto the Father also in the name of Jesus. And it came to pass that they arose and ministered unto the people.
 8 And when they had ministered those same words which Jesus had spoken—nothing varying from the words which Jesus had spoken—behold, they knelt again and prayed to the Father in the name of Jesus.

 9 And they did pray for that which they most desired; and they desired that the Holy Ghost should be given unto them.

 10 And when they had thus prayed they went down unto the water’s edge, and the multitude followed them.

 11 And it came to pass that Nephi went down into the water and was baptized.

 12 And he came up out of the water and began to baptize. And he baptized all those whom Jesus had chosen.

 13 And it came to pass when they were all baptized and had come up out of the water, the Holy Ghost did fall upon them, and they were filled with the Holy Ghost and with fire.

A lot of my study recently has been focusing on the Holy Ghost and how I can have it's influence in my life more, as I've been reading about the life of Christ in the Bible and the Book of Mormon, I've been learning quite a lot. The "Beattitudes" from Christ's ministry in Israel and the Americas talk about how we should live our lives, I recommend studying and praying for inspiration as to how you can apply them to your life!



Lobi,


Elder Hardy

No comments:

Post a Comment