Monday, September 19, 2016

Ik moet naar Guyana gaan? Nog een andere bos!

Fawaka iedereen! This has been quite the week so I'll try to sum it up as best as I can!

Because of visa problems I'm being transferred to Guyana. We learned that my current visa isn't good enough to proselyte on so I'm leaving early Tuesday morning. It's been pretty crazy trying to get everything all figured out. It's been a lot of packing, saying goodbye and headaches!

Why do I have so much stuff?!
I'm going to miss Suriname but I'm currently unsure as too how long I'm going to be away. I think at least until October 18th but I don't know the whole story yet.

But this week was really good, we taught about 8 Haitians at once! I couldn't communicate with them too well but our new investigator, "Jupiter" was able to. We basically told him what to talk about and he said exactly what need to be said, he was explaining verses to his friends even! It was very cool.

This week we also got to have most of the Cabenda village to go to church! It was really cool to see. I'm sad about saying bye to everyone but it just makes me more excited about other people I'll get to meet on the rest of my mission! Steve and Jolanda also made me this really cool Suriname sash thing, it's sweet! (I attached a picture) I'm sad I won't be here for her baptism but in the end it's not about if I'm there or not but the most important part is that she's doing it with the intention of following the example of Christ.

Well, next time I speak to you all, I'll be in Guyana.

Lobi!
Elder Hardy











No comments:

Post a Comment