Tuesday, July 5, 2016

A Truly Foreign 4th of July!


Hi everyone! It's Elder Hardy again.
But you already knew that.

This week was another wonderful week in Uitkijk! Unfortunately we had a lot of bike problems so it certainly made the week feel a bit longer but we managed well enough. It involved a lot of pulling, Elder Rodas and I biked to Groningen which is about an hour and a half away from home and I pulled him from there to home! We stopped half-way (at the half-way point) at a winkel and I got a gatorade, some peanuts and pedaled as fast as I could home! I even managed to pull him over the Sarramacca bridge. We were approaching it and Elder Rodas made a joke about me pulling him over the bridge, so I shrugged and started pedaling super fast! Almost died at the top but I did it!

Today was the 4th of July, Independence Day! So we decided to celebrate pretty well today, we bought meat, soda, snacks and we even hung up an American flag! Sorry about no pictures but next week they should be up! It was very fun getting back together with everyone, it feels that with a lot of the missionaries in North Zone I haven't seen them in ages! We also got to celebrate it with our new Senior Couple; the Crawfords! They're wonderful, they even made us this really tasty banana bread type thing with blueberries in it! Lekker.

I'm excited for tonight, we're going to have a Family Home Evening with this less-active family. We sat with the mom last night and had a very spiritual lesson as we talked about the Godhead and parts of the Restoration. Her daughter came out afterwards and told us how we are all going to have a family home evening either Monday or next Monday, so voila! I'm excited, it should be a very good opportunity to help bring them closer together as a family!

Here in Suriname I can't shoot off fireworks...so make sure to shoot off a bunch for me and after you do that, shoot off more!

Lobi,

Elder Hardy
Photo Credit: Elder Burr's mom- Thank you Jenn!



No comments:

Post a Comment