Monday, October 3, 2016

Algemene conferentie! General conference!

Fawaka allemaal! It's Elder Hardy, (still in Guyana) this week was pretty fun, we also had the chance to watch General Conference! I never realized how hard it would actually be to listen to it until now.

We watched the Saturday session with two of our investigators on baptismal dates; Doreen and Melissa. We started watching it when all of a sudden Melissa's phone died! After the phone was sufficiently charged, we got to watch the last two but the next session we got to watch the whole thing! It was really cool because afterwards we asked them what they thought and they said that they loved it! We came back the next day to watch the next session but they told us how they had to go to a wedding so we bused down to Rosignol and watched it at the church there.

I think my favorite talks were probably President Dieter F. Uchdorf's talk about the Plan of Salvation (https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/10/media/session_1_talk_3/5150993228001?lang=eng) and President Russell M. Nelson's talk about Joy (https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/10/media/session_4_talk_4/5151884835001?lang=eng) Links attached if you want to watch them!

I also learned how I'm going to be staying here in Guyana for the time being, I'm going to be in this place called "Rose Hall" should be fun. I'm starting to get more used to speaking English but I'm still doing my best to keep up my Dutch! Ik hou van nederlands te spreken, ongeveer een week terug had ik de kans om een lid van de kerk te ontmoeten die uit Belgiƫ is gekomen! Wij hadden een beetje in het nederlands gesproken en hij was heel erg blij. (I love to speak Dutch, about a week ago I had the chance to meet a member of the Church who came from Belgium! We had talked a little dutch and he was very happy.)



I also attached some photos from general conference, I hope you like them!

Lobi,

Elder Hardy








No comments:

Post a Comment