Tuesday, December 27, 2016

"Bonaire?" "Nee, nog een eiland." "Bonaire?" "Nee, Curacao." "Bonaire?" "Bon tardi!" "Wat?"

Bon tardi! (Good afternoon)

I officially made it to Bonaire; it was about a 2 hour flight from Guyana to Curacao and then about 25 minutes (if not less) to make it to Bonaire. It was fun though, because I just had surgery on my toe, I have to wear flip flops to let it be able to move so I walked around the airport in dress clothes and flip flops. I also got to take a lot of awesome pictures on my way out of Guyana! As I was leaving, a storm was coming so there was just a giant sheet of clouds above Guyana and we were flying above them. It was so beautiful, I took lots of pictures!

I Skyped my family Christmas Day and it took some time to get it going because of the technical difficulties. The neighbors were playing some Hindu music really loud so that made things difficult as well! Luckily, by the time it was my time to Skype, there weren't any problems and the neighbors seemed to have stopped playing music. We also visited this one member family with our branch president and because their front yard was flooded, we brought some long boots with us so we could walk through!

Bonaire is really cool, really pretty and there are tourists everywhere! Everything here is really weird in comparison to where I just came from; the standard currency is US dollars, we drive on the right side of the road, there are cruise ships coming in daily and white people are everywhere....where am I? Unfortunately, a lot of the Dutch people here don't like religion or us. My first day though, we went out for some ice cream with Sister Noij and her little girls. They're so adorable! As I ate my ice cream we were talking with them all and it was just so nice to speak Dutch again, I didn't realize how much I missed it!

I'm excited to be working here, my district is really awesome and I'm ready to see what's in store for me! Wish me luck!!

Lobi,
Elder Hardy

Title Translation:  "Bonaire?" "No, still an island." "Bonaire?" "No, Curacao." "Bonaire?" "Bon tardi!" "What?"



attached: Clouds, clouds, cool island thing and the Noij family, their friend and the Elders






















No comments:

Post a Comment