Monday, April 3, 2017

"Wat is een zendeling?" "Kerkisma!" "Oh!"

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm officially back in Suriname, wan mooie kondre! It's been pretty fun, I've only been here since Thursday night but it's been an interesting few days: we got to go teach some lessons on Friday but Saturday and Sunday we had general conference. 

The airport in Trinidad was pretty fun, I met some Surinamers when I was there. I was sitting down, saying a silent prayer that I could talk to someone and right after, a guy came over and asked if this was the Suriname gate. He sat down and we started to talk, Surinamers are so funny, it turns out he's from the Sarramacca/ Uitkijk area! Which just so happens to be my old area so naturally we had a good conversation about that. As we talked, another woman heard us speaking in Dutch and asked me if I was from the Netherlands and then she joined us in our conversation! I wish I could say more people joined in but at that point we started boarding.

I met a cool Chinese guy from Beijing, he's on vacation but he was really funny.

A cool experience I had was when we taught a man named Daryl, we took a member named Jerome with us and it went really well. We were talking about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and also about the Pre-earth life, we discussed the fall of Adam and Eve and he had a lot of questions. We read 2 Nephi Chapter 2 with him, two verses that stuck out to us in particular were verses 24, 25 and 26:
24 But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who knoweth all things.

25 Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy.

26 And the Messiah cometh in the fulness of time, that he may redeem the children of men from the fall. And because that they are redeemed from the fall they have become free forever, knowing good from evil; to act for themselves and not to be acted upon, save it be by the punishment of the law at the great and last day, according to the commandments which God hath given.

Jerome explained the need for opposition in our lives, without it, we can't grow!
I'm grateful for it because it helps me appreciate the sweet things in our lives. Have a great day!

Lobi,

Elder Hardy

Title Translation: "What is a missionary?" "Kerkisma" "Oh!"










 Mens Priesthood Session



No comments:

Post a Comment