Monday, May 22, 2017

"Kunnen wij het wifi uitdoen tijdens het avondmaals dienst?" (Broeder Aikman)

Good morning everyone!

I don't why but this morning I feel super cheerful! This morning was interesting though, we had to go pick up some clothes from a tailor for another missionary and on our way to the cyber, my bike crank was being kind of weird. It was loose so we stopped, talked about it a bit and kept going and then at the point it fell off. Wonderfully enough, we were right in front of a Hindu version of a Home Depot when my crank came off! We walked inside, told them our problem (with the crank and bolt in hand) and they brought us to the back. A duo was busy working but after checking their tools real quick, they found an Alan-wrench big enough for the bolt! I tightened it with the help of Elder White and returned the tool. Surinamers are so kind!

The week was good too: Justin, Fabian and Randy got baptized on Friday and confirmed on Sunday! I would show pictures but this computer's usb ports don't work, sorry. It was awesome, after they dried off, they shared really good testimonies. They testified about God, Jesus Christ, baptism, the Book of Mormon and they talked about grateful they are. Justin said his family had been investigating for 5 years! It was awesome though, we talked to them afterwards and they just talked about how it felt as if there was a light inside of them. On Sunday, after they received the laying on of hands to receive the Holy Ghost, they had great big smiles on their faces. They were all dressed up in white shirts and ties and a ton of their family members came!

On Sunday, it was raining a lot on our way to church. I felt a little bad walking in because I was drenched and covered in mud. As I sat down I felt good, even though I was sopping wet. I glanced at the boys passing the sacrament and I thought about what the sacrament does: it cleanses us on the inside. I was very grateful that I was able to partake of it. Eventually I was able to clean off since I dried off but I remembered a verse in 1 Samuel 16:7, "for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart." I realized that we, as people, can clean "the outward vessel" but only Christ can cleanse "the inward vessel".

We also had a cool lesson with the Ritfeld family and Jerome, we started to talk about their online classes and they're taking classes from BYU. It was cool because they talked about how whenever they struggle with math or what not, they get reminded that Christ can help. Brother Ritfeld talked about the conversation with one of his teachers, "Math is just really hard." "Do you believe in Jesus Christ?" "Of course." "Do you believe Jesus knows math?" "I suppose, I don't see why not." "Exactly, he can help you." Maybe there is hope for me when I get back into school after all!

Well sorry about the lack of pictures this email, I took some but I'll send them next week!

Lobi,
Elder Hardy

Title Translation:

"Can we wifi out during the evening meal?" (Brother Aikman)

No comments:

Post a Comment