Monday, May 9, 2016

Moeders Dag!

Hey guys it's time for more Suriname news! This week was wonderful, I had the opportunity to speak with my family this pastSunday. It was funny watching my brothers act weird like normal and my brother Cole made sure to show how my dad's hair is thinning at the top! (sorry dad) It's interesting how this Skype call felt different than the last one, partially because I've grown in the time and partially because in over a month, I'll have been out here on my mission for a year! It's pretty crazy how fast the time seems to have flown by! 

This week in church we had a very large turnout, 18 people! I know that doesn't sound like a lot but when compared to our normal 6, it's a difference! There were some less actives that attended that just warmed my heart, one of them was an older lady; Oma Cabenda (I don't know her actual first name). She told us later how it was because of the little girls, that she came to church! They really wanted to come and that made Oma want to be like the little girls. We met a very cool woman named Karin, she has only recently converted to Christianity for 6 months but she has a very large desire to follow Christ. We shared the Book of Mormon with her on Saturday and she was very excited to read it, I hope she does!

Moroni 9:6, And now, my beloved son, notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor diligently; for if we should cease to labor, we should be brought under condemnation; for we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God. I was reading it today and this is the scripture that stood out to me and thought it was a good one.

This week I'll be flying to Trinidad so that'll be interesting, Elder Christianson and I are going to the Zone Leader's apartment tonight so we can drive to the airport early in the morning. We'll be coming back Friday the 13th, apparently it was the soonest return flight they could find, it's going to be weird being away from Elder James and not in Uitkijk. I love this jungle, hopefully all goes well! 

Lobi,
Elder Hardy

A typical day in Suriname, rain and more rain.

 Any service project that includes a machete makes it a bit more fun.




 So, this happened, the weirdest thing I ate to date....the iguana below- taste just like chicken. ;) 




No comments:

Post a Comment